Monday, October 09, 2006

Up close and personal with the animals

This is an European Red Deer, looks quite pretty, don't you think? I love the antlers. This is one of the many types of antelopes we saw. Some of their antlers can grow so long I wonder if they ever get in the way of their daily lives, like getting caught among branches while strolling through the woods? There were also giraffes, Lamas, ostriches, zebras, emus and some other animals. We fed them from our car as we slowly drove through the safari. Sometimes, the animals just stood in front of our car and we couldn't move. The only way to make them move away from the front of the vehicle is by luring them to the side with food.


We are in the petting zoo and it is filled with goats. This goat was standing alone at this corner all by himself. He looked pretty scared and I haven't even started petting him yet?!?! There was a sign saying, "If I start to head butt you, it means - go find another goat!"



Heehee, I am sitting on a tortoise while he was sunbathing, I hope he doesn't find me too heavy.

No comments: